Now is a great time to learn to play the violin and/or fiddle!
Studies have shown that learning to play a new instrument is one of the best things you can do for your brain. And it's also just a lot of fun!
I've been teaching adults how to play the violin/fiddle here in Austin for 20 years.
Some of the areas I focus on are:
- Learning to play in tune
- Learning to use the whole bow and get a good tone as soon as possible
- Learning to play in ways to avoid injuries (ie. repetitive stress)
- Applied music theory...so, not just learning theory, but playing it on the instrument
- Learning to read music AND play by ear
- Getting you started on learning any number of fiddle styles from all over the world including Celtic, Country, Balkan, Klezmer, Appalachian Old-Time, Bluegrass, Scandinavian, Hungarian, Greek, Mariachi, Cajun, and of course, Classical
- Learning to *un-learn* your Classical technique to sound more like a traditional fiddler
- Having as much fun with the instrument as possible
I can help to get you started with a good foundation that will last a lifetime. I can also help if you've played for a while and need some 'tuning up' on technique or musicality.
Contact me and I'll get back to you with fees, availability, and other info as soon as possible.