Group Fiddle/Violin Lessons
Occasionally, I offer small group lessons. I require a consistent minimum of three students, but have had as many as six at a time in a class. Over the years, I've found that there are a lot of cool, often intangible benefits to adult beginner group lessons:
- Groups are fun, social, and sometimes less intense than private lessons
- Groups offer the opportunity to learn more about playing music with others
- Group students have the opportunity to observe and learn from each other and from my helping their classmates
- Groups can offer a safe cocoon environment for fledgling musicians to overcome the often daunting challenge of playing in front of others right from the start
- Group students often create an ongoing support network for dealing with challenges and celebrating musical achievements
- Groups are less expensive than private lessons
- Groups are usually at NIGHT when I don't usually teach
I don't offer groups very often because they can require a lot of difficult schedule coordination. But I've had some groups start as an introductory one month class and continue weekly meetings for several years. When they work out, they can be really rewarding for everyone involved.
Feel free to let me know if you have an interest in participating in a group. I will put you on a contact list to notify you when another one might be in the works.